Wednesday, March 17, 2010

We Thought We Lost You, Welcome Back

Awhile ago, Chien Teng asked me to swatch the nail polishes from the Skin Food Pedicure Vita line for her. I’m almost done swatching those polishes, I have one more to go and that post will be up as soon as I’m done with it. :)

In the meantime, I have some other random nail polish swatches for you guys!

054 

Skin Food Nail Vita in BR613.

Sorry, I know this picture is a little dark, but I promise you, the colour swatch is probably 95% accurate.

This is a warm, shimmery, true gold colour with an ALMOST chrome effect. Not quite a chrome, but almost. You can see that it’s trying. Lol.

Application for this polish was a bit strange. It wasn’t difficult to apply per se, but it was a bit streaky and difficult to get even brush strokes. It also seemed to show every imperfection on my nail! I realize that this is the norm with many chrome polishes, but this one isn’t (really) a chrome polish!

The wear of the polish was pretty decent. I can’t remember how many coats of this polish I did but definitely nothing less than two because it’s pretty sheer. If I’m not mistaken, I did three. This also took longer than usual to dry. Skin Food polishes usually dry pretty quick.

Personally, I don’t really like this polish because the colour is a bit too warm for my skin tone but I really wish it looked good on me because it really is quite a pretty colour and it’s difficult to find such a true gold colour polish.

063

OPI Mad As A Hatter from the Alice In Wonderland Collection.

This is a multi-coloured fine glitter polish with mostly silver glitter as a base.

I had high hopes for this polish but sadly, I was disappointed. While I definitely don’t hate it, I don’t love it as much as I thought I would either.

The polish looks really dense in the bottle but I had to do four coats of this polish to get it to be like in the picture above, but because it is a glitter polish, you don’t see any mistakes so I had no application issues other than that I needed to do SO MANY coats. Dry time is pretty quick but really, four coats of polish is way too time consuming!

However, the glitter was very fine and not chunky at all. But you will definitely still need a topcoat just to seal it and give it a glossy finish because it looks a bit dull without a topcoat.

The wear of this polish isn’t very good but it’s to be expected because I had to do so many coats, so the polish was pretty thick and it peeled easily. Note, I said PEELED, NOT CHIPPED.

Biggest complain about this polish? Removing it was HORRIBLE! I mean, HORRIBLE! Most difficult polish to remove EVER. I sat in front of the television scrubbing at my nails for 40 minutes trying to get this polish off my nails, it was terrible. Please tell me, am I the only one who has experienced this or am I just doing something wrong?

078

China Glaze For Audrey.

This is a pretty “Tiffany blue” colour which is about 98% accurate to the original Tiffany blue! In some lights though, it looks a little more like a warm, mint green.

Application was okay. It can be a little streaky, but it evens out with your second coat. I did two coats of this polish but if you’re careful with your application, you can definitely get away with one coat because it’s pretty opaque.

The wear of this polish was average. No longer or any less than a regular polish.

I was expecting to really love this colour, and I wasn’t disappointed at all, I love it! I can’t wait to wear this colour again!

001

OPI Sand In My Suit from the South Beach Collection.

This is a pearl gold-toned nude colour that is one shade lighter than my skin tone.

For a nude colour, this is surprisingly opaque and very true to bottle colour. I was pleasantly surprised because I was prepared for there to be a visible nail line even with three coats of polish! I always associate nude colours with sheer polishes for some reason!

I can’t be absolutely sure, but I’m pretty sure I did three coats of this polish to get it to the colour that you see in the picture above.

Formula for this polish was a little streaky. You have to be careful with your brush strokes. The dry time was good though, so I had no issues with doing three coats.

I’m kind of on the fence with this polish. I definitely don’t hate it, but I don’t really love it either. I like it. Lol.

Btw, do nail polish swatch blog posts make you feel like buying nail polish? Coz it always makes me feel like buying nail polish! :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your nails look so healthy and nice! D: wish i have nails like yours but i just cant be bothered to make effort. haha. nice job on this post, really like it! :D

cheerleader said...

Thank you! :) But yes, it is a huge effort to keep my nails healthy because I paint them ALL the time! My cuticles are really dry too! So baaad! :p But thanks so much, glad you enjoyed it. :)

Tash said...

OMG KIM COME AND PAINT MY NAILS HAHAHA the nail polish all look so pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

Could you please do Dior's nude chic!!!